Software and Data
|Ivan Titov ⋅ Иван Титов |
Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Building F, Science Park 107, 1098XG Amsterdam |
|Postal address: ||
Institute for Logic Language and Computation, Universiteit van Amsterdam |
P.O. Box 94242
1090GE Amsterdam, Netherlands
|| titov (at) uva.nl
|Phone: ||+31 20 525 8334
I am an assistant professor in the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) at the
University of Amsterdam (UvA). I joined ILLC in April 2013, before that (2009-13) I was a head of a research group
and a junior faculty member at the Saarland University.
My research interests are in computational linguistics, natural language processing, machine learning and language technologies.
Recently, I am especially interested in learning semantic representations for reasoning.
I am an action editor for the journal of machine learning research (JMLR).
My other recent professional services include an area chair for NLP-related Machine Learning at EACL 2012,
a senior PC member for IJCAI 2011, best-paper award committee member at EACL 2012, PC member / reviewer for ACL (2009-13), ICML (2008-2010, 2013), NIPS (2011-2013), NAACL (2009-2013), EMNLP (2008-2012), ECML (2006-07, 2012), CL journal, JAIR, TACL
News / Activities:
06/2013: I received a Google Focused Research Award on natural language understanding
04/2013: Martha Palmer, Shumin Wu and I are giving a tutorial on semantic role labeling at NAACL 2013. New: Watch online!
04/2013: Giving an invited talk at ICML 2013 workshop on Deep Learning for Audio, Speech and Language Processing
12/2012: Giving an invited talk at NIPS 2012 workshop on Crosslingual Technologies (xLiTe). New: Watch at videolectures
07/2012: Giving an invited talk at ACL 2012 Joint Workshop on Statistical Parsing and Semantic Processing of Morphologically Rich Languages (SP-Sem-MRL 2012) (ACL)
04/2012: Giving a keynote talk at EACL 2012 Joint workshop on unsupervised and semi-supervised learning in NLP (EACL)
12/2011: Our project “Inducing Multilingual Semantic Representation” received a Google research award.
- Ph.D. students: Mikhail Kozhevnikov,
Ashutosh Modi, Ehsan Khoddammohammadi
- Master's student: Jesus Calvillo
- Past members: Alex Klementiev (post-doc, now at Amazon),
Minwoo Jeong (post-doc, now at Microsoft), Binod Bhattarai (Master's), Lea Frermann (Master's, now at Edinburgh U),
Angeliki Lazaridou (Master's, now at Trento U.), Milos Ercegovcevic (Master's), Dima Miliaev (Master's).
Predicting the resolution of referring expressions from user behavior
Nikos Engonopoulos, Martin Villalba, Ivan Titov and Alexander Koller
Conf. on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP, short paper),
Translating Video Content to Natural Language Descriptions
Markus Rohrbach, Wei Qiu, Ivan Titov, Stefan Thater, Manfred Pinkal and Bernt Schiele
International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV),
Bootstrapping Semantic Role Labelers from Parallel Data
Mikhail Kozhevnikov and Ivan Titov
NIPS 2012 Workshop on Crosslingual technologies (XLITE). Tahoe Lake, USA 2012.
Crosslingual Distributed Representations of Words
Alexander Klementiev, Ivan Titov and Binod Bhattarai
NIPS 2012 Workshop on Deep Learning. Tahoe Lake, USA 2012.
For all my papers refer here
Previous Affiliations / Education
- Head of a Research Group / Junior Faculty (W2) at the Saarland University, Oct 2009 - Aug 2013
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Feb 2008 - Sep 2009 (working with Dan Roth)
- Ph.D. student (Research and Teachning Assistant) at University of Geneva, Nov 2003 - Jan 2008 (advised by James Henderson)
- Research Intern at Google (New York), Jul - Sep 2007 (with Ryan McDonald)
- Visiting Student at University of Edinburgh, Sep - Oct 2006
- MSc student in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia, 2001 - 2003 (advised by Nikolai Vassiliev)
- BSc student in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia, 1997 - 2001